Kondrashov Aleksey Gennad'evich, Candidate of engineering sciences, associate professor, sub-department of design support of machine-building production, Naberezhnie Chelny Institute (branch) of Kazan (Volga) Federal University (10a Syuyumbike avenue, Naberezhnie Chelny, the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia), email@example.com
Faskhutdinov Ayrat Ibragimovich, Candidate of engineering sciences, department manager, Technological center of “KAMAZ” Plc. (Musy Dzhalilya avenue, Naberezhnie Chelny, the Republic of Tatarstant, Russia), Airat.Fashutdinov@kamaz.org
Background. The research object is a technology of spline-knurling on the external surfaces of car parts, mainly on shafts. The research subject is a process of spline-forming by the method of planetary spline-knurling by two spline-knurling heads, functioning as a set. The aim of the work is to improve the quality of splines’ surfaces and spline-knurling productivity by using two roller of different profile in a single head.
Materials and methods. The authors developed theoretical interconnections between ruough and finishing knurling rollers and processing modes. Also, the researchers determined theoretical dependencies between the processed surfaces and the developed settings.
Results. The authors developed a design of the set of spline-knurling planetary heads, each one of them being equipped with rough and finishing rollers. It allows to significantly increase processing productivity while saving instrument’s durability.
Conclusions. Using two rollers, the sizes of which depend on the mode of operation, in a single spline-knurling head, allowed to exclude a finishing roller’s point out of the process and to lower the stress on roller’s sides, which had a positive effect on the quality of spline surfaces while increasing the axial advance of blanks.
1. Kalashnikov A. S. Tekhnologiya izgotovleniya zubchatykh koles [Technology of gear wheels production]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2004, 480 p.
2. Pisarevskiy M. I. Nakatyvanie tochnykh rez'b, shlitsev i zub'ev [Knurling of precise threads, splines and teeth]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1973, 200 p.
3. Lyndin V. A. Instrument dlya nakatyvaniya zub'ev i shlitsev povyshennoy tochnosti [Instrument for teeth and splines high precision knurling]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1988, 144 p.
4. Patent Germany No. 2823040. Method of deep roller knurling and device for cold knurling of parallel profiles Z. B. of teeth profiles made of solid materials]. Eder E., Schieschke K., publ. 16 December 1977.
5. Spetsial'nyy shlitsenakatnoy stanok STI 1923. Rukovodstvo po ekspluatatsii[Special spline-knurling machine tool STI 1923. Operating manual]. Minsk: STANKOTEKhINKOM, 2010, 49 p.
6. Useful Model Patent Russian Federation No. 50448. Set of spline-knurling planetary heads. Belugin Yu. F., Kondrashov A. G. No. 2005125254/22; appl. 8 August 2005; publ. 20 January 2006, bull. no. 2.